Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blog 3/5/09

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!!

I know….you are sick of it, but I LOVE it!

I’ll tell you why. I am back on the slopes skiing and have been having an absolute blast with my daughters. I watched from the lodge, steak and cheese in one hand, Ben and Jerry’s in the other, for far too long. Losing 110 pounds has returned me to a world I once knew and enjoyed and longed to enjoy again.

You CAN enjoy those things too.

If you are just starting out on a “get healthier” plan, I’ll offer some humble advice.

Start with the basics. Make sure you drink a lot of water, at least 64 ounces a day. Get plenty of rest. I always underestimated the sleep factor when talking about weight loss. It is imperative that the machine that is your body runs as efficiently as it should, when you are trying to get healthy. Start working out slowly and don’t over do it. If you want better gas mileage, you make sure your car is tuned up, the tires are inflated properly, the fluids topped off and you obey the speed limit.

Eat lean proteins, fruits and vegetables, stay away from too many refined flour and sugar products. When you keep your sugar intake down, your cravings will subside.

Mike Boyle, without whom I couldn’t have achieved what I have, once described taking care of your body like this: If your parents gave you a car when you were 16 and told you it was the only one you’d ever have…….you’d probably take good care of it.

Short story…..great point. For more info on Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning, check out www.bodybyboyle.com. Also, check out Mike’s other great site, www.strengthcoach.com.

No comments: