Friday, February 13, 2009

Blog 2/13/09

Hi folks. I’m down to 265 pounds from my high of 375 about a year ago. I continue to work out at Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning in Winchester and I’ve got my eating under control. I still struggle, but I win more than I lose.

I went to the Beanpot hockey tournament with my daughter Charlotte and my dad, the great Al Morse, this past Monday. I’m happy to report that Boston University, the number one college hockey team in the country, won AGAIN, beating Northeastern 5-2. What do I have in common with the BU hockey team? We are both fortunate to be clients of Mike Boyle, the greatest in the land. Check out his websites…….www.bodybyboyle.com and www.strengthcoach.com.

As I wandered around the TD BankNorth Garden during the hockey game, I was reminded about a rather embarrassing event that occurred a few years ago. My dad and I went to a Bruins game and had seats up in the balcony. For those of you who’ve never sat in the balcony, the seats aren’t as big as they are in the loge section.

I was too fat to fit in the seat. I couldn’t completely fit my large frame into the seat. I was spilling over on both sides, trying the fold my arms and position my legs to find a comfortable spot. It didn’t happen. I went down to customer service and had to request a a stand alone seat. They gave us two seats in the handicapped section. I was humiliated that I was SO FAT and felt worse for my father, who was supposed to be enjoying the game……not worrying about his monstrous offspring fitting into the seat.

This past Monday…..not only did my team win the game…….I fit perfectly comfortably into the seat…my dad on my left, my daughter Charlotte on my right. Just one of the benefits of losing weight.

My blog next week will be a top 10 list of good things that have happened to me since I began losing weight. I’m down about 110 pounds, but still need to lose more. If you ever have any questions, please send me an email at hmorse@wror.com.

1 comment:

Improper Bostonian said...

I'm proud of you Hank. This is not an easy journey you're on. I'm on it too. I have a trainer who is now checking all that I eat. I have to remind myself, I didn't get this way over night and it won't be overnight that it goes away.
Kelly