Monday, June 16, 2008

Stay Positive!

The fight against fat continues for me and I’m winning, so far. It’s going to be a long battle, so I’ve conditioned myself to be happy with feeling better and progressing all the time. I continue to do the right thing in terms of diet and exercise, so even if I don’t see it on the scale, I don’t get derailed. Falling off the food wagon will only hinder my progress. I’m down to 340 pounds and considering I was 375 pounds in March, I feel great. I walked four miles recently and six weeks ago when I started working out at Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning in Winchester, www.bodybyboyle.com, I didn’t think I’d be able to get this far, this quick.

One of the huge differences with working out at a place like Mike’s is the positive vibe that you get from being around positive people. People who keep themselves in good shape tend to be very positive thinkers and it is certainly contagious. When you see healthy, fit people having fun and using that energy to positively enhance their bodies, it really inspires you. If you keep putting one foot in front of the other, you’ll eventually end up at your destination.

Let’s face it, losing weight and working out can be hard. At the end of the day, however, once you’ve rewarded yourself by treating your body well, it’s amazing how much positive mental energy you derive from it. It’s what is keeping me going. I’ve had some really tough days, but I now try and put myself into position to succeed. I’ll make good food choices by going into Whole Foods or any other supermarket and buying things that are good for me and I like. The other day I bought a half a pound of turkey, a big bottle of water and a fruit cup. It was so satisfying to know I ate healthy and satisfied myself at the same time. That’s always been a challenge for me. If I at one thing that wasn’t good for me, the obsessive compulsive behavior would begin and I’d have to put away as much junk as I could eat. I’ve gone over a month without an ice cream, but I know I can have a low fat, soft serve soon and it won’t derail me, like it would in the past. The positive thinking, positive energy and overall better health I am experiencing make improving my health more rewarding than a pint of Haagen Daaz.

Keep it going folks. I have a lot more weight to lose than most, but I’m on the right path. Please check out my new video and thanks for all the support. You can do it. We can do it together.

Best,
Hanky Shmank.

No comments: