Friday, August 14, 2009

SLOW IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!

I know you don’t want to hear this, and believe me, I understand why.

BUT……..or should I say BUTT……….Slow is the way to go in weight loss. By slow, I mean 1-2 pounds a week. You always read it and hear it from the doctors, but let’s face it…….we want BIG results right away.

Think about this: when is the last time someone you knew lost weight quickly, changed their lifestyle and eating habits and kept the weight off? IT DOESN’T happen. That’s why they have lifetime memberships at some weight loss centers, because people DON’T change very often.

I’ve lost 124 pounds in about 15 months. The initial 75 came off quickly, but the next 49…not quite 50….have been much slower. It has frustrated me at times, but I’ll tell you the one thing I’ve noticed. In 15 months time…….SLOW by some nutty weight loss program standards……I really haven’t relapsed. I continue to eat good food, workout and lose weight. I HAVE changed my behavior. I’m not doing anything CRAZY. Drastic calorie reduction won’t work long term. Your metabolism slows down, you don’t feed the muscle that boosts metabolic rate and it just doesn’t work.

At 251 pounds, I still go to workout at Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning in Winchester, MA. www.bodyboyboyle.com. They always change my workout routine to make it fun, interesting, motivating and I STILL get results. I’ve been able to continue healthy eating and better behavior because I still have around 2,000 calories a day, satiating my body in a healthy way. If I knocked off 1,000 calories a day, I wouldn’t be able to sustain it. I never have. I’m 43 now, but it took me 42 years and some education from Mike Boyle to figure out how to lose weight.

Check out www.strengthcoach.com for more info about strength and conditioning. When you are ready to change your life, take it back and improve your health, call Bob Hanson at Mike Boyle Strength and Conditoning, at 781-729-1333. www.bodybyboyle.com.

You’ll be glad you did.

No comments: